Tracking moved tickets?

David Loszewski October 19, 2021

Is there a way to track when a ticket is moved?  For example, if I have an issue in project BEF, currently as BEF-123, and want to move it to project AFT, I can't go to BEF-123 after the move and have it redirect me to the AFT ticket.   How would I find out that this ticket was moved from BEF to AFT? 

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 20, 2021

Hi @David Loszewski 

You can look for history in the Activity section while opening each issue you're interested in.

2021-10-20_10-35-25.png

If you'd like to see a general list with all issues for some project or assignee, you can check solutions from the Marketplace. My team has developed the Issue History add-on for this aim.

It provides a ticket history report of all changes that have been made in the selected list of issues.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards

David Loszewski October 26, 2021

would you happen to have a way to add this into a confluence page?  Would be REALLY useful if you did. Thanks!

Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 27, 2021

Hi @David Loszewski 

Thanks for your question.

Currently, there is no such option. I will inform our product development. If you use our app, you can add a feature request in the add-on menu.

2021-10-27_10-06-16.png

Like Ravi Garg likes this
2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2021

When an issue is moved between projects, it takes on the new project key and next sequence number, but

• The change of key is recorded in the issue history
  • Jira maintains a table in the background (it's not searchable or directly accessible) recording the old key and the issue id.  If you put the old key into the quick search, or use the url directly (https://yourjira/browse/def-123), then it will take you to the issue but showing the new key.
Ravi Garg September 8, 2022

This was helpful.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2021

Yes, you can. Put in the old number and it will bring up the issue in the new project

Suggest an answer