Tracking blocked issues in Jira

Sai Srinivas Salver August 18, 2020

Given the team member sets the story to blocked, then the team can see it is blocked, so that it is high attention on the information radiator without creating a new status(blocked).

Given a story is in the blocked state, then it can be reported on, so that we can see the average amount of time a story is blocked. 

1 answer

0 votes
Mehmet A _Bloompeak_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 19, 2020

Hi @Sai Srinivas Salver ,

As I understand you want to see the time passed during the issue is on blocked state and you flag the issue not with a new status but with a custom field. Is my understanding correct?

Sai Srinivas Salver August 20, 2020

@Mehmet A _Bloompeak_  Yes, correct.

Mehmet A _Bloompeak_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 21, 2020

Hi @Sai Srinivas Salver ,

The data you need is available in Jira Rest API. It provides the exact field value change date and time for each issue. It returns json similar to below, then you need to extract and calculate for each issue. Below screenshot is status field change part of the json. But the json will include your custom field value changes too.

JiraRestApi-History.png

Or you can try a marketplace app which does the extraction and calculation for you. Our team at Bloompeak developed below app for the exact need.

• Status Time: By default it displays status time but the time report can be run on any option field. It provides time spent on each option value as well as option value change dates for each issue. It also has average and total time report types.

Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 12.14.00.png

That's actually what you need.
I hope this info is helpful for you!

Suggest an answer