Track time spent in each status using SQL

Mukama January 27, 2021

Has anyone downloaded the Jira logs and written a query to track time spent in each status for example; 

1. From "To - Do" to  "In - Progress"

And also filtered it by timezone, and day.

If yes kindly walk me through how to do it.

3 answers

1 vote
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 2, 2021

Hi @Mukama 

You can consider other apps from Atlassian Marketplace. For example, Time in status for jira cloud tracks time spent in each status automatically.

Regards

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 29, 2021

Hi @Mukama ,

As an alternative, you can try Status Time Free app. It displays status duration for you in issue detail page as below.

IssueScreenView-3.gif

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2021

Hello @Mukama ,

To export the data from Jira DB is so difficult. me trying to get articles. But unable to get them on Status wise time spent reports.

You need to combine Users Table , Workflow , Worklog  and Users related info. It's highly difficult taks.

select p.pkey,j.issuenum,w.author,w.CREATED, (w.timeworked/60/60) as "Log work"
from project p
inner join jiraissue j on p.id=j.project
inner join worklog w on w.issueid=j.id order by w.CREATED DESC;

The above will gives total time spent by a user in project. this is from Atlassian only I think.

My suggestion is to look for Plugins.

Thanks

Suggest an answer