Tools Menu is disappeared from few projects

Ranganath HV Gowda
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2017

I was doing bulk edit on particular project.

All of a sudden "Tools" menu was disappeared on few projects even though the permissions were same across multiple users.

I dont see Tools dropdown, but my other colleagues was able to see.

I am using Jira 7.2.6

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ranganath HV Gowda
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2017

I found the answer:-

Tools menu disappeared due to  big field content, like Description field has huge information and due to this Tools menu was available. I removed description field from issue navigator column and Tools menu seems to be back.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2017

What do you mean by "tools menu"?  Links that could be described as tools menu appear in several places in Jira - project header, admin, issues, navigator etc.

Could you explain which menu you mean?

Ranganath HV Gowda
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 21, 2017

In Issue Navigator, I dont see Tools menu to perform Bulk edit operations.

Tools menu is not available only when I filter out Resolved and Closed issues.

Tools menu is available for open or inprogress or cancelled issues.

There is no properties set for the workflow, but still unable to find Tools menu to perform Bulk edit operation.

Suggest an answer