• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • To update this sprint you must have Project Administrator permissions for all of the following projects: 10004, EU App Support Scrum.

To update this sprint you must have Project Administrator permissions for all of the following projects: 10004, EU App Support Scrum.

Hi All

I am getting this error when trying to complete a sprint within JIRA

To update this sprint you must have Project Administrator permissions for all of the following projects: 10004, EU App Support Scrum.

I can confirm that i am an admin of the project yet i still get this error message any thoughts

6 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Could you check these two things at Project details:

image2015-4-3 11:28:58.png

And you have agile board administration rights?

Configure board --> General.

I can navigate to the Configure Board - General

The administer Projects is setup as above

Ok , could you please check the below:

Transition issues and Schedule issues under permission schem and whether you have rights added.

This is setup with developers which i am also a member of that role

Ok then final check that I could think of ,

Under configure board, could you check at General --> Filter query and if there are no parallel sprints for the same project ?

Is your project really called "10004, EU App support scrum", or are there actually two projects?  The comma in there usually implies that there are two projects there

If my guess is correct, then to extend the train of thought, my instincts are saying that your board used to cover two projects, one of which had the ID 10004, but it has been deleted (so it's not showing you the project name).  So you'd need admin rights on two projects, one of which you can't have rights on because it's not there any more.  If that is right, then go into the board configuration, find the filter behind it and change the filter so it doesn't include the dead project any more.

We recently had a similar issue when a number of tickets were moved from one project to another. Seemed as if the project list in the error message wasn't updated to include the project the tickets moved to for a little while. We had other issues justifying a restart so that may have been what resolved that (error message) issue. We added the user to the new project and all was fine.

This a known bug which was just recently fixed. with https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-9030.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/154543

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 12 hours ago in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

36 views 1 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you