To find the location of bug/story/task which is already created in JIRA software

Purabi Panda
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 12, 2024

Hello guys,

I'm here to ask you all about a scenario which I had faced recently while working on Jira board. hopping you all could help me out. 

so the issue is: 

I created a bug/story after filling all the content in the creation dialog box as attached for your references. i could not find the bug/story /task with the same . image.png

When i check it with the help of URL , it shows as below 

image.png

could you all please help me.

2 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2024

@Purabi Panda -

Welcome to the community.  It seems that your account is only setup to create issues in a given Jira project.  Each project has its own project permission configuration where controls permission rights for users.

You will need to contact the project admins to determine the how is the users rights are configured.

The fact that you can select the project and create issue in the project, it means that you have create issue and browse project rights.  So it is odd that you cannot access the issue that you reported.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2024

@Purabi Panda -

If my suggestion helped you.  please click on "Accept answer" when you have a chance, so others with similar asks will see this posting as an answered one.

Best, Joseph

2 votes
Answer accepted
Humashankar VJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2024

Hi @Purabi Panda - This is related to project permissions, kindly work with your admin to get it resolved.

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Purabi Panda
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 13, 2024

Thank you 

Suggest an answer