Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

To add 8000 test cases under a single test plan in xray

Hi Team,

My requirement is to add 8000 test cases under a single test plan. I read a page (https://confluence.xpand-it.com/display/public/XRAY/Usage+tips+to+improve+performance) Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 2.02.37 PM.pngwhere they recommend 5000 to be maximum number but we need to add 8000 cases to a single test plan.

We are using jira server model with version as 8.4.1

Can you please suggest a best solution for this ????? can we increase the "Tests per test plan" as 8000 in miscellaneous setting under xray ??? 

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 10.10.22 AM.png 

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Rahi, 

There is a setting on the Xray admin settings which sets the maximum amount of Tests in a Test Plan - "Max number of Tests per Test Plan";  to change it you need to (as admin) navigate to your admin panel -> manage addons -> Xray settings -> Misc and then edit the value.

Our recommendation for the newest version of Xray (3.6.x+) is a maximum of 5000 (up from 2000 previously).

But please be aware that increasing this setting to a much higher value could cause performance issues. 

For more questions, please contact our service desk.

Best Regards, 

Team Xray

Hi @José Domingues [Xray] ,

I am aware about the recommendation about 5000 as maximum cases as i have mentioned earlier.

My requirement is to add the limit as 8000. I just wanted to confirm if i can add the limit as "8000". kindly confirm.

~Rahini

@José Domingues [Xray] - Any update on this please ?

~Rahini

Hi Rahi, 

Yes, you are able to change it in the configurations. 

If you need support in the process, please contact our service desk.

Best Regards, 

Team Xray

Hi,

Where can I find the option to increase the # of Test cases with XRay version 3.1.7?

Regards,

Dawson

Hi @Dawson_Tauro 

The option "Max number of Tests per Test Plan" is only available since Xray 3.5.

So it is necessary to upgrade Xray to have this option.

Any additional questions, please get in touch with Xray Support (http://xraysupport.xpand-it.com); we would gladly assist you.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Thanks @Rogerio Paiva 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you