Timestamp when issue transitioned to status category "In Progress" for the first time?

flaimo September 19, 2017

Is there a way to get the date and time when an issue was first transitioned to a status that belongs to the status category "in progress"?

I was thinking of a scripted field, but I am not sure if the load on the server is to big, when doing queries based on such a field.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2017

I think this is something that the Jira Misc Custom fields plugin could help with.  That plugin provides a new custom field type to Jira called Transition Date/Time custom field.   It looks like this field can be configured to track the first time this transition happened as well.  So this might be helpful.

As for additional load on the server, I suppose it is technically going to place more processing to calculate the date/time and then store it to that field, this process seems simple enough that I wouldn't expect this single calculation to place a noticeable additional load on the system.   It might be more a load if you are tracking every transition for every issue, in every project, and you have lots of different statuses in a project.

flaimo September 21, 2017

thanks, i will take a look at the add-on. from what i can see in the description, i can only define transitions, so i have to manually maintain the field if there are new statuses/transitions.

I still would prefer a method using groovy and scriptrunner, so we can keep the number of add-ons small.

Suggest an answer