Time tracking

Jira Softera May 27, 2021

Hello everyone,

We're facing a time tracking problem with issues, whose type is Incident. The due date of the issues are let's just say after one week and the due date is set at the time of the status change but the issue still becomes breached and the "Time to next support step" displays as late issue:

image.pngimage.png

When I edit issue and set Start date as today "Time to next support step" goes back to normal time trecking:

image.png

Have you any ideas how 

2 answers

0 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2021

Hi, @Jira Softera !

I read your question carefully about 10 times... but still couldn't figure out your problem ...

Let's start again: 

- you have an SLA "Time to next support step" (with configuration on screen) - it is "ok". 

- you are talking about "due date" - what is it? how you set it? and it links with SLA configurations?

- what's going wrong? what you already have? what do you want to get?

Jira Softera May 28, 2021

Hey, @Alexander Bondarev ,

Тhank you for your response. Sorry, I'm new to Jira so maybe I can't put information I have correctly.

"Due date" describes until when issue needs to be solved.

In most issues "Time to next support step" counts normally, f.e. issues below were created today. "Due date" is today and "Time to next support step" is also today, so the time frame is correct:

image.png

Although, in the example below "Time to next support step" counts time like this, even though due date didn't count down to an end (issue created on April 23rd). As you can see, the following "Due date" is 2021-04-28, the issue was created on April 23rd and where I marked on red ("Time to next support step") for some reason  the SLA has been breached:

image.png

Ant then, because of negative time counting assignee gets this notification I showed before:
image.png

Any information regarding this subject will be appreciated and I'll look forward for your reply. If you require any additional information regarding this error I'll be more than happy to present it to you. Thank you very much in advance.

Jira Softera June 3, 2021

Good morning,

Maybe you have any ideas what should be the problem regarding this time tracking problem? 

Jira Softera June 14, 2021

Hello,

I could really use some help here..

Also, some thing I noticed, that a few issues I checked has this difference:image.png

On the left, time tracking of "Time to next support step" is correct, on the right - breached. Do you have any ideas?

0 votes
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2021

Hi @Jira Softera,

Can you please explain how your SLA "Time to next support step" is calculated?

Jira Softera May 27, 2021

Hello @Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_

Thank you for a reply. Here is the time to next support step calculation for most of our projects:image.png

Suggest an answer