Time tracking

Piyum Monarawila April 3, 2019

Hi,

Is there a way to disable time tracking for few users instead of disabling for every Jira user?

Thanks,

Piyum

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jakub Sławiński
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2019

Hi @Piyum Monarawila ,

you need to properly revoke time tracking permissions from these users/groups.

Screenshot from 2019-04-03 09-52-12.png

Hi @Jakub Sławiński 

What is the proper component to disable time tracking from the above options?

Jakub Sławiński
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2019

'Work On Issues' is the master permission. If you disable it, users will not see the time tracking component at all.

Like # people like this

Thank you very much @Jakub Sławiński 

0 votes
Bonding June 19, 2019

If you integrate TMetric in Jira, either the user can disable time tracking for certain projects or you in case you are the admin get control over such permission to track (additionally, there are settings for marking hours as tracked offline. billable, non-billable, etc.) 

Susan Anglin October 22, 2019

Hi @Bonding   I am new to Jira and TMetric.  I'd like to account for 100% of my team's time - not just what they spend on tasks in Jira.  Is it possible in TMetric to allocated time to admin categories as well?  I am also intrigued by the billing functionality.  Do you have a sample report?

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2019

HI @Piyum Monarawila 

I did not understand the use case here....could you please elaborate in details...

Time tracking is global settings you can disable on the basis on project/users.

if you want you can restrict users from seeing the log work option ..for this don't provide the work on issues permission for those users.

I need to deactivate the Time sheet feature in Jira for some projects/users.

Suggest an answer