Time tracking not showing on the screen

Deleted user February 16, 2018

Hello fellow reader,

the problem I have found, and cannot find the solution to, is the Time Tracking field disappearing in the last step of the workflow. It is present on the screens, I have the schedule issue and all the worklog permissions. The only difference between the last step and the others is that the last step is not editable. I was hoping this was the problem, but when testing on my instance that is v7.6, time tracking still shows on the non-editable screen. Version where the problem occurs is the 5.2. When I click on 'Where is my field?', it shows me that the Time tracking should be on the screen, as it is enabled, it is on the screen and it has value. When I refresh the page, it appears for a part of the second and disappears again. 

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2018

That sounds strange.  If you see the field appear for a split second when the page is loaded and then that field disappears, it sounds like you might have some kind of custom java script that is hiding the element on the page as it is being loaded. 

But if that happens within Jira natively, then you would have to have this script exist in either the announcement banner or in the description of any field/custom field that also appears on that screen.

If your announcement banner is empty, then I'd recommend trying to run the following SQL commands to see if any field descriptions have customized scripts in them:

select * from fieldconfigscheme where description like '%<script%' OR description like '%<SCRIPT%';
select * from customfield where description like '%<script%' OR description like '%<SCRIPT%';    
select * from customfield where description like '039avascript%' OR description like '%html%' OR description like '%css%';
select * from fieldconfiguration where description like '039avascript%' OR description like '%html%' OR description like '%css%';

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events