Time to SLA plugin: how to export from a test jira server and Import into the PROD jira server

Damien Huriet July 22, 2018

Hi all,

I have a lot of SLA configurations to put in place.

I'm currently working on a test JIRA server to test and refine all of them.

Once I'll have finished to test them all, how can I export all these SLA configs from that test JIRA server and import it into my Production JIRA server ?

Re-keying all these configs manually would be time consuming and most of all really error prone...

Thanks in advance

Regards

Damien

1 answer

2 votes
Kubilay Karpat [Snapbytes] July 22, 2018

Hi Damien,

You have two alternatives here:  

First one is the database export method. It is as simple as exporting the table which holds SLA configurations and then importing this table into your production database. Since custom field and status IDs might differ in different instances you have to correct them manually if there is any in your configuration. We can help you on both of these tasks if you prefer this method.

Second one is using Time to SLA REST APIs. It is similar to database export method however does not requires any database access. Using REST API, you can obtain SLA definitions from your test JIRA as JSON format and then create new SLAs in your product JIRA using bulk SLA creation function in Time to SLA API feeding it with the JSON you obtained before. Still you might have to manually correct Custom Field IDs and status ID if they differ from test to product server. 

Just let me know which one works better for you and I will provide you step-by-step instructions and provide assistance on which corrections you should have to do.

Best, Kubilay

Nikhil August 3, 2018

Hello Kubilay,

Can you please provide step by step procedure of both the alternatives? We are going through with the same problem ever since migrated to new instance.

Tomáš Vrabec October 15, 2019

Hello Kubilay,

Can you please provide step by step procedure of both the alternatives? We are going through with the same problem ever since migrated to new instance.

Or maybe - how about to post it publicly? ;-) 

Kubilay Karpat [Snapbytes] November 8, 2019

Hi Nikhil and Tomas

Sorry for a late response. We are currently evaluating our import/export process and it might be possible for use to implement a out-of-box export - import feature in upcoming versions. I will keep you posted.

SolarisJIRAadmin February 13, 2020

Hi,

I am trying to push data from my old instance to the new one but it's not working 

I have downloaded the content using /rest/tts-api/latest/sla/search

and when I trying to push to the new instance I am getting  "success":false,"message":"Failed when saving SLA: null","code":0" 

Using this method POST /latest/sla/bulk

Suggest an answer