Time format discrepancy

Ilaria April 13, 2020

Jira Settings - System. 

The look and feel and the advanced settings are ok, the format is 24 hours. But I found a bug or I feel it is and maybe someone else noticed and has a solution. 

In the jira gloal settings, the default language is English (FYI). But the, of course, you can change the language in you user profile. 

As you can see, if I put "Spanish" language then the time format correspond with the settings configurations (24 hours), but, if I change the language in my user profile as English (UK or US), then I still see the time in am/pm. 

Bottom line: I expect to see the time format in 24 hours even if I have my user configuration in english. 

I need to see it this way and I don't understand why the user config is overtaking the global config in this sense. It shouldnt'. Or I am missin something. Can you help me please?

Thanks in advance

Edit Look and Feel Configuration - Tecnalis - Google Chrome.jpgAdvanced Settings - Tecnalis - Google Chrome.jpg[ACL-125] [ ACL ] - No funciona infomes - Tecnalis - Google Chrome.jpg[ACL-125] [ ACL ] - No funciona infomes - Tecnalis - Google Chrome_2.jpgAtlassian account - Google Chrome_2.jpgCuenta de Atlassian - Google Chrome.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2020

Hello @Ilaria

Thank you for reaching out.

Indeed, the selection of the time format is pre-defined to a couple of language packs in Jira background, so it changes based on the language selected.

We have a feature request to allow a separated setting to configure it:

Customize date/time format per language pack 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer