Time Tracking feature in Jira Agile Kanban Board - Issue Detail View?

When I create a Scrum Board the Time Tracking feature (log work) is enabled in Issue Details View.

When I create a Kanban board I can not enable Time Tracking feature. Am I doing something wrong or is the Time Tracking feature disabled in Issue details view for Kanban boards?

8 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

I'm having this same problem as well. I can view time tracking details when looking at an issue on it's own, but I can't get the field to be displayed in the issue detail view of a Kanban board.

Hey guys! So it's almost 2018 and it's not solved yet? Wow!

P.S. at least managed to add it to card layout after reading here.

Good question!  The way this is configured is a little tricky.  On a screen, the field is called "Time Tracking".  However the "Time Tracking" field is actually comprised of three unique fields, one for Estimation, one for Remaining, and one for Logged.    To get those fields to show up on a Kanban board, you'll need to add each field individually.

• Original Estimate
  • Remaining Estimate
  • Time Spent

Those are the three unique fields you'll need to add to a Kanban board Issue Detail viiew (or card layout as of Agile 6.6).  

Hope this helps!

Danny

These fields are not listed as available to insert into the issue view screen for a kanban board

Hi, same issue here. Can someone help on this?

Hello,

As I said in previous similar question https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/203202 :

It seems to be unfortunately still impossible in kanban, you can vote this pending ticket https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-6175 asking for those fields in kanban among other things.

You add those fields on the "Card Layout" config, not the detail view...

I see them there... but is it really impossible to add them to the Issue Detail view?  That seems a little bizarre.

go do

Boards->configure

then choose card-layout

then select a field you want to add in the dropdown

and hit "add"

card-layout.png

Good, now how can you edit those values?

It's a basic feature, we absolutely need to edit time spent on card board directly.  

Hi,

I need to measure the time spent between each column of my Kanban Board, What´s the best practice?

Cheers

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

257 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you