Time Spent required on Transition

Nagendra Dattatreya November 23, 2018

I want to check if the user has logged work against a sub-task when the task is closed. I added a workflow validator, to check time spent. The problem is it always gives a required field error even when I log time against the task. Any thoughts on how to make this work without using any plugins?

image.png

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nagendra Dattatreya November 24, 2018

I was able to fix by adding a groovy script to the validator and check for timespent. 

image.png

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2018

Nice!

0 votes
Antonina Khirnaya April 7, 2020

Try to use the Conditional Field Required Validator (just leave the condition empty). It worked for me.

0 votes
Blaine Shirk January 29, 2020

I've set up the same transition as @Nagendra Dattatreya ; However I'm always getting the failure even if time was logged prior to moving the issue to the next status. Does anyone have a solution for that which doesn't require writing groovy script to work around (what appears to be a bug)?

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2018

Hi @Nagendra Dattatreya

Validators are checked on the transition screen.

What you have to add is a condition in the workflow transition. Make it that time spent is not empty as the condition. And the transition will be shown only if an effort is logged. Otherwise it will be hidden

Nagendra Dattatreya November 24, 2018

Thanks Fazila! This works, the only thing is there is no message to the user that time spent is required. With validators, it gives a message to the user that the field is required. Is there something similar?

Suggest an answer