Time Spent by resources

Radhika Gupta January 3, 2022

Hi Everyone,

I was trying to generate a report or a dashboard view that provides me with the  

1. Time spent by a resource across different projects, epics or tasks

2. Total Time spent by all the resources on a single project (for a given time range or monthly)

Is there a way we can achieve this by using the standard widgets provided by JIRA or any recommendations on any add ons that could provide all the time tracking metrics

Kindly Advise

Thanks

Radhika

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ewa Grabowska-Ptak_SolDevelo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 3, 2022

Hello @Radhika Gupta , 

If you are already using Jira Time Logs, I would recommend you our app - Worklogs Time Tracking and Reports. It allows you to create a custom reports from your Jira issue Time Logs. So, you can check how much time has been logged to a specific project, component or any other custom fields.

screen1.png

Hope it helps! In case of any questions, please feel free to contact me here, I'll be happy to assist you.

Radhika Gupta January 12, 2022

Hi,

Thank you so much.  I started exploring the features and I was wondering if there was an option to generate a pie chart of the timesheet or reports we generate out of work logs. 

Kindly advise

Thanks

Radhika

Tahir Mehmood February 16, 2022

This one is very useful. But I need to present management though dashboard. Please guide how to get it while using Rich filter query.

5 votes
Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 1, 2022

Hello @Radhika Gupta 

If you're ok with the third-party add-ons, I recommend you to try Time in Status for Jira Cloud, which allows getting the data you need:

- Time spent by each assignee across different projects, epics, or tasks;

assignee report.png

- Total Time spent by all assignees on a single project (for a chosen time range or monthly);

tis by assignee.png

- Issue Age data

And much more by generating 7 types of status time reports.

It allows getting all the data on the grid, and Pie or Bar chart view. And you can export data as CSV or XLSX files for further analysis.

New Assignee.png

This add-on is developed by my SaaSJet team and is free for using up to 10 users. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

2 votes
Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
January 17, 2022

Hi @Radhika Gupta 

I'm Nataliya from ActivityTimeline team. If you will consider an add-on ActivityTimeline could fits your request. ActivityTimeline provide a resource planning and availability on a timeline dashboard.

ActivityTimeline allows to understand how much time users spent on a specific issue or project with workload indicator on timeline view dashboard.

Project Planning for Jira.pngYou can generate a report to track time spent by all the resources on a different projects for a selected period.

Hope it helps.
Best, Nataliya

0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
January 3, 2022

Hi @Radhika Gupta 

For a readymade solution, to get the time spent data, you can try out our plugin

Agile Tools : Epic Tree, Links Tree, Time in Status & Worklogs

The app provides the following features.

Worklogs & Time tracking Report :- Track time spent by resources with multiple filters / category / grouping features. Export to csv format is also available. You can filter based on worklogs time period as well.

Along with this there are multiple other features like Time in Status, Links Hierarchy, Epic Hierarchy etc which the app provides.

Worklogs Report.PNG

Worklogs Report - Filter Crtiteria.PNG

Suggest an answer