Time Spent between Two dates for specific Project assigned to me

Tejas Kulkarni June 1, 2018

Hi,

Currently I have 8 developers in my project.

Whenever work is done, each of us log hours in JIRA for tasks assigned to us.

This Project is open since Jan 2018.

Currently I want to set-up filer which can give me time-spent(hours logged) for this project between 1st Feb to 1st March for all developers in this project.

I tried below JQL for filter set-up:

project in("ABC") and worklogDate >= 2018-02-01 AND worklogDate < 2018-03-01 

However, as all of have logged hours between above given date ranges, this filer gives me hours logged by each developer till current date.

e.g

Developer Jack has logged 200 hours for project ABC from Jan 2018 till current date.

He has logged only 40 hours between 1st Feb to 1st March for project ABC.

The above JQL is giving me 200 hours for Jack under this project .

I'm looking for JQL which will give me the tasks related to 40 hours which had been logged between 1st Feb to 1st March.

Can you please assist with JQL for this.

Note: I don' need to use timesheet here

Thanks,

Tejas S Kulkarni

2 answers

0 votes
Gildas Amegninou September 14, 2018

An other way is to use JIRA tempo plugin They recently added the "report" feature that allows you to see timelog between 2 dates.

1 - Create your JQL request (by filtering only bugs or only your tasks, etc.) and save it

2 - In the top menu, navigate to Tempo > Reports and select "JIRA filter Report", select your query and "Create"

On the report screen you can select the desired dates and then see the worklog.

Hope this help.

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2018

Hi Tejas,

JQL is designed to return Jira issues based on your search.  And that is what it is doing here.   It is returning all the issues in project ABC that have at least 1 worklog entry in that date range you specified.  However this does not return only those worklogs in that time frame.  Because when you return entire issues in Jira, it also then returns all the worklogs on those issues, even when they exist outside that time frame.

I have explained this in a related past thread as well, check out https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Sum-the-timeSpent-in-JQL-over-the-period-of-time/qaq-p/663729

In that thread I suggested the use of SQL in order to try to find that worklog data instead of using JQL.   I hope this helps

Andy

Suggest an answer