Time Since Issues Report query

Hannes September 28, 2019

Hey everyone,

I'm working with the Time Since Issues Report. The report ran correctly with the ‚created‘ date and I had f.e. 4 Issues on a specific day. I clicked on the ‚4‘ to get to the issues navigator. There this statement was displayed:

project = ABC AND created >= 2019-09-17 AND created <= "2019-09-17 23:59" ORDER BY created DESC

Than I changed the report to a custom field called ‚entrydate‘. I clicked on the ‚4‘ and the JQL statement was the following:

project = ABC AND entrydate >= 2019-09-17 AND entrydate <= "2019-09-17 23:59" ORDER BY entrydate DESC

This time I had an red exklamation mark mentioning that

Date value '2019-09-01 23:59' for field 'entrydate' is invalid. Valid formats include: 'YYYY/MM/DD', 'YYYY-MM-DD', or a period format e.g. '-5d', '4w 2d'.

Why is a false JQL query working in the report? That’s a little bit irritating for me.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 29, 2019

Hi Hannes-83,

It seems that entrydate is a Date Field, instead of a Date/Time field so you must remove time reference in the second term entrydate <= "2019-09-17 23:59"

Please, try to use the following JQL query instead:

project = ABC AND entrydate >= 2019-09-17 AND entrydate < 2019-09-18 ORDER BY entrydate DESC

Did it worked? ;)

Regards

Hannes September 30, 2019

Hi Jack,

thanks for your answer! But my problem is, the report is even running with this invalid JQL Query. So when I run the report and than have a look on the query, I do not do anything, but there's a red exclamation mark under the Query.

Does this make any sense or do I have to accept that this is weired?

Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 30, 2019

Hi Hanned-83,

IMHO an incorrect JQL filter should does not display any data in the report, but not sure if what you are experiencing is the expected behaviour or just a bug...

Regards

Suggest an answer