Tickets are assigned to user when issue is moved from one status to another

Suma Pralhad Kustagi May 3, 2021

Hi,

We have a agile board,where in when user moves tickets from To Do to INPROGRESS the tickets are getting assigned to user. I have checked post function and also permission scheme,not able to rectify. Can you please help how to avoid auto assign.

Regards,
Suma

4 answers

3 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2021

Jira doesn't do that natively, you have to configure it to do it.  So you'll need to turn that off.

Look for:

• Post-functions on the workflow transitions that are doing the assignment
  • Automations
  • Listeners

Hi Nic,

Have verified the post function as well listeners, nothing has been specified.Its happening only for a particular project.

Regards,

Suma

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2021

Ok, let's continue on Sagar's thread above - that's the next step after you've eliminated these.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sagar
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2021

Hi @Suma Pralhad Kustagi Can you please check the issue history when issue is assigned to that user when it transition from TO Do to IN PROGRESS status it should show the entry for the assignee change in issue history. as you already confirmed that no postfunction, automation rule.

worth to check issue history to get some hint if any script is created for this.

Hi Sagar,

Yes I do see in the issue history.

Sagar
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2021

What you see in the history?

Any username like:

User changed the Assignee

User1 -> User2

Like Ravina likes this

Hi Sagar,

I see that in user history,Assignee has changed from user1 to user2.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 3, 2021

Hi @Suma Pralhad Kustagi ,

Did you check the automation rules for this project and Global Automation rules?

I also suggest checking the other apps installed in your instance.

Regards,

Gökçe

Hi,

I do not see any automation rules for that project

Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 3, 2021

Who's is the user shown in the issue history making this change?

0 votes

Hi Sagar,Nic,

I am able to resolve the issue, the issue was with workflow .

THank you for your help.

AKhil kola July 25, 2022

hi suma,

i am also getting same error. cloud please help me how to resolve this issue because impacting production.

when reporter has been created ticket right we are moving to another status workflow ticket has been auto assigned to  reporter only cloud please confirm issue with workflow or automation rules,  

Suma Pralhad Kustagi July 25, 2022

@AKhil kola check the workflow the post function there would be automation rule pertaining to assignee because of which the issue occurs.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events