Ticket status during time period sorted by Assignee

Kat March 1, 2021

So, I want to have a filter for a gadget - using Two Dimensional Filter Statistics

• all tickets during time period
  • status (x-Axis)
  • assignee (y-Axis)

My approach:

status was in ("In Progress", Done, "To Do", Open, "On Hold", Completed, Testing) during ( start, end) AND assignee in (dev1, dev2, dev3) ORDER BY assignee ASC, status DESC

however this seems not to work :(
Issue: it shows the current status, not the status the ticket had during that time frame

HELP

3 answers

1 vote
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 3, 2021

Hi @Kat 

For this case, you can try Issue History app. It lets you get the history of any changes, including statuses. But it hasn't a gadget for Dashboard.

2021-02-23_18-42-26.png

If this solution is interesting for you, let me know, and I can help you get the data you need.

Regards

1 vote
Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 2, 2021

Hello @Kat 

You can try a third-party add-on - Time in Status for Jira Cloud. It generates both Time in Status and Assignee time reports.

Time in Status report shows how long an issue has been staying in each status. So you can monitor at which stage some problems or delays occur.

tis report.png

Assignee time report shows how long each Assignee has been assigned to each issue. It helps to get info on how long it takes to solve each of them.

tis_assigneetime.jpg

Is that what you need? 

Also, you can discover more info by reading use cases regarding your issue in our documentation

Best regards, Mariana

Kat March 2, 2021

@Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjetthanks for your response

it's not exactly what I needed - I wanted to know the status and the assignee of a ticket on a specific date
however - your suggestion is helpful in other ways for a different report of mine - thanks :)

Like # people like this
0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2021

Hi @Kat -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I do not believe you can do that with out-of-the-box Jira...

Your query can correctly find what you seek, however the gadget only uses the current status value, not any previous value of status (which is stored in the change logs).

What problem are you trying to solve with this request?  Knowing that may give the community ideas to suggest to you.  Thanks!

A work-around for this (if you are using a Classic project rather than Next-Gen):

• Create a quick filter for each possible assignee
  • Navigate to the cumulative flow diagram report
  • Set your time range
  • Select a quick filter for a specific assignee

Best regards,

Bill

Kat March 1, 2021

@Bill Sheboy  - thanks for your quick response

not sure what you mean  with your work around
basically I want to know how many tickets were assigned to a dev during time period X

• throughout different projects
  • status - due to "what did he complete during this time frame, what did he actively worked on etc.
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2021

Thanks for clarifying, Kat. 

My work-around may not help roll up the data; you need two pieces of information which are only in the change logs: the status values issue was in and to whom was it assigned during a window of time.  Your JQL can list the impacted issues, but it cannot show the information over time.

The cumulative flow diagram (CFD) approach would show the information (one person at a time) over your time-frame, but it could not add it up.  It could show "dev1" had 10 things "In Progress" on a Monday...and so didn't have any in "Testing" for several days.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events