Ticket Comment does not show timestamp

jmercado April 19, 2023

Hello All,

Does anyone know how to pull up the timestamp for the latest comment in Jira Ticket?

I would like to confirm the date a comment was added but I don't see any timestamp. I went to the history and it does not show as well when the comment was added. It was the comment at the very top of the ticket under Description. 

Any idea please on how to achieve my goal?

Thanks so much in advance,

J.M.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2023

Hi @jmercado,

There should normally be at least some kind of indication of when the comment was added. It may however be that the time of creation is displayed relatively (as you can see in this example):

Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 14.03.01.png 

By hovering over the relative indication (in my case: 1 second ago), you can see the actual timestamp appear.

Hope this helps!

jmercado April 19, 2023

This is all I could see and this has been posted more than 6 hrs ago. I went to history and there nothing as well that could tell me when this was posted. this in the body of the ticket. 

Capture.JPG

jmercado April 19, 2023

I think I got it now. The email body does not show timestamp. But when I check Comments tab at the bottom of the ticket, I can see the timestamp now. The comment is not the latest it was actually sent on the 4/17.  I was thinking it was the most recent comment since it is at the very top of the ticket description (body), but it is confirmed to be not the latest comment. 

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2023

Yes, indeed. 

The description field (the body of the email) does not have a timestamp. But the created field on the ticket shows you when the issue was made in Jira. Any changes that occur to the description afterwards will be traceable on the history tab of your issue, with time indication.

Like jmercado likes this
jmercado April 19, 2023

Thanks very much for your time. Marking this now as Answered. Thanks again and you have a great day!

Suggest an answer