Though I have JIRA administrative access, i can still not see an option "ISSUE TYPE" under project s

Neha Jha April 27, 2021

I have added Zephyr plugin to JIRA but I am not able to create Test cases in it. 

Reason  for it is that that ISSUE TYPE "test" is not enabled for me.

When I go to under PROJECT SETTINGS, i don't find the option as "ISSUE TYPE" which we usually have. Attaching the screenshot for the same.Screenshot 2021-04-27 at 3.38.26 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021

@Neha Jha  It seems that Issue Type scheme mapped with other projects that's why not visible to you. Check in Issue Type Schemes if you have JIRA Admin permission. Project Admin can't modify Issue Type Scheme.

Neha Jha April 27, 2021

Where can I find Issue type Scheme ?

Neha Jha April 27, 2021

Could you please me through the steps @Vikrant Yadav 

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021

Are you able to see Setting cog icon on top right corner , if Yes, click that icon and select issue. Then select Issue type Scheme. If not able to see setting, it measn you dont have JIRA Admin permission. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9EXqLz_DA8

Neha Jha April 27, 2021

I can see it but i dont see Issue there Screenshot 2021-04-27 at 8.08.19 PM.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2021

The last box in the drop-down tells you what the problem is - you are not an admin.  You will need to talk to your admins.

Neha Jha April 29, 2021

Thank you so much.

I was able to figure out that i was only the Admin of one particular project and not the entire JIRA .

I was granted the access and I am able to add ISSUE type now.

Thank you so much 

Like Vikrant Yadav likes this
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

@Neha Jha Cool, glad to hear that helps.  Let me know if you have any follow up concerns.  If this answer solved your issue, please click the checkmark to the left of my answer to accept this answer.

Suggest an answer