Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

This column will not show on the board without a status Edited

kenshi I'm New Here Jun 21, 2021

Hi all, I am a beginner here. I have a problem.
I wanted to add New Column in my existing Jira project, I thought it should be easy and fast then it become complicated.

1. I added a new Column on my Project setting > Columns

• As you can see I added "Reopen Issues" so that after QA check, if it is failed, then move to here in reopen issues
  • I have comment "this column will not show on the board without a status"
  • I can not just drag any of my issues in To Do/ In Progress/ Ready to Test/ QA in test to the Reopen Issues column as once I move it, I can not undo/ drag it backward again
  • So, this new item "Reopen Issues" doesn't show in my active sprint columns because there is simply no issues on it

Slide4.JPG

2. (CMIIW) apparently I have to add new workflow.

So, I watched the YouTube video that I have to add "workflow"

• So that can add new workflow "Reopen issues" here

Slide5.JPG

3. Then I open my Project Setting > Workflows :

• It doesn't even show add workflow button (note: I am project administrator)

Slide6.JPGDoes anybody know how to fix this issue?
Thank you all ! Cheers

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @kenshi , welcome to the community!

You don't necessarily need to add a new workflow, but you do need to have a status mapped to the column of the board. Moving issues on boards are a way of moving issues to different workflow statuses, so you can't have an empty column as this wouldn't change a workflow status.

You don't see the Add Workflow button because you are not a Jira admin. Project admins have some degree of control if the board is using a simplified workflow (this means that each column has one unique status mapped to it, and by changing the columns you can change the workflow), but it looks like you are using a non-simplified Jira workflow, which only Jira/site admins can edit - see the difference here.

I think the best thing to do here would be to contact one of your Jira admins and ask for them to add a new status to your workflow called 'Reopened' or 'Failed QA' or something similar, which you can then map to this column.

Hope this helps!

You're right just figured out I am not the jira admin...... . I'm going to contact my atlassian administrator and let's see if I can change the workflow. Thank you once again! I'll update later here. Cheers

@kenshi No worries, glad you've got it sorted!! If you think this answered your question, feel free to hit the Accept Answer button, as it may help other Community members with a similar question

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you