The start date must be before the end date is the error I get when configuring a sprint

radams November 16, 2018

I am trying to configure my next sprint and every time I attempt to add the start date of 11/19/2018 and End Date of 12/10/2018 I am getting the error:

The start date must be before the end date 

What am I doing wrong?

1 answer

0 votes
Jonny Adams
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2018

@[deleted] are you selecting your dates from the calendar or are you entering them manually? Please try selecting from the calendar if you have not already.

Ae you using the date format that was specified for your instance? Check In System?User Interface>Look and Feel.

radams November 16, 2018

Helllllooooo Jonny Adams

Thank you for your suggestions, still a problem.  It is defaulting to really funky dates in the future.  When I try to correct it gives the error. I tried it both ways and I think it does not like the way I configured the date format in Systems MM/DD/YYYY.  I may have to go back and change it to the European format.

Thanks again

Ruth Adams

Jonny Adams
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2018

@radams It could be due to capitalization. Capital "D" is used for day in year whereas lower case "d" is used for day in month. You should also use the lower case "y".

radams November 16, 2018

Well guess what it was?

It does not like the date format MM/DD/YYYY  11/19/2018 it wants DD/MM/YY

19/11/18 so that is what it is now configured and it is working.

Have an awesome weekend!

Ruth

Like Jonny Adams likes this
radams November 16, 2018

Forgot  to tell you Jonny, we are using the cloud version of Jira.

Suggest an answer