The sprint summary points incorrect

Steve Doggett May 30, 2017

The number of done points at the top of the sprint board is incorrect. How do I get it to accept any of the resolutions (including the custom ones) as being done (it's the number in green at the top right of the pic)?

Capture.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2017

Ok, could you explain what it is adding up and what you think it should be adding up? 

Might be easiest to show us a filter for "Sprint = Sprint 27" and show us the issue keys, story points, status and resolution ?

Steve Doggett May 31, 2017

I'm not sure what it is adding up (or how it is getting the values), that's the problem? I thought it should be adding up the story points of everything that has been finished, no matter what the resolution state it. But, it seems to only be counting the `Done` resolution and ignoring the other resolutions.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2017

That doesn't sound quite right, although I'd be interested in the board config too - what status is in the far right-hand column on the board, and which issues are in it?

Is it possible to give us the filter I asked for?  (It's not going to leak your data to use - the fields I've asked for are pretty abstract)

How do I find the filter? Sorry, I'm new to Jira and still finding my way around. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 31, 2017

Ok, the best way to get to it from here is probably:

1.  Make a note of the sprint you are questioning (Looks like Sprint 27 to me, but I'm not sure if it was just demo data for a screenshot)

2.  Go to Board -> Configure and look at the first page of options called "General", where there is a board filter defined.  Beneath it, there should be a "view filter query"

3.  That takes you to the "issue navigator" which lists the issues matching the filter, and the filter definition.  Make sure you are in "advanced" mode on this screen, so you see the JQL definition of the filter

4.  The board filter lists everything on the board, what we want to do is lookonly at that one sprint.  So, add a clause to the filter for "and sprint = 'Sprint 27'", or whatever the sprint was that you noted earlier (do not save this filter)

5.  You should now have a list of all the issues just in that sprint. 

6.  To the right, there is a "configure columns" - use that to change the columns to show just issue keys, story points, status and resolution (I don't think there will be anything sensitive in that data)

Thanks Nic. Here's the first page of issues:

sprint-27-issues.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 31, 2017

Great, can we have a look at the second sheet, and also, can you tell us what status are in the far-right hand column on your board? (There may be more than one)

Here's the 2nd page Nic:

sprint-27-issues-2.png

I'm not sure what the status on the far right hand side of the screen is? The first pic in this thread shows the top of the board page. Is it on there?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 31, 2017

No, it's the board columns that we're interested in.  The columns that appear in the working view / active sprint display.

Go to board configuration and look at the column setting - each column should contain one or more status, we'd like to see which status are in the far-right column.

Is this what you mean?

sprint-27-board-status.png

Steve Doggett June 1, 2017

We've worked it out... The ordering of the board columns makes a difference. Moving the `Deployed` column to the end fixed the problem. That was annoying and really not obvious...

Thanks for your help Nic. Very much appreciated and I've learnt a bit more about the monstrosity that is Jira :-)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2017

Yes, that's why I was asking about what status were in the far-right column.

Glad you managed to get it worked out!

Suggest an answer