The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

André Cadmo July 27, 2017

Hello guys

I'm having trouble with my jira, this error is appearing and then it disappears.

HTTP Status 500 - com.atlassian.cache.CacheException: com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing the following:SELECT ID, entitytype, entityid, USERNAME, lastviewed, data FROM userhistoryitem WHERE entitytype=? AND USERNAME=? ORDER BY lastviewed DESC (ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2017

Hi Andre,

We've struggled with this error at our organization in the past. There were a few things we did to resolve:

1. Ask your friendly Oracle DBA to check where connections are coming from. We've seen cases where rogue processes were chewing up DB connections and not releasing them.
  2. Have the DBA also increase the open cursors. (point them at this thread if the need some more info)
  3. Check that the JDBC driver you're using is the correct version. If you're on Oracle 12c, the only stable driver that hasn't had issues reported to Atlassian is 12.2.0.1 which you can obtain here from Oracle.

Hope this helps and good luck!

André Cadmo July 28, 2017

Daniel, thanks.

The driver 12.2.0.1 was what was in use, I changed it to 12.2.0.2 and solved the problem.

Suggest an answer