The "Story Points" field doesn't show on Resolve Issue Screen

Raphael Pinheiro October 21, 2019

Hi!

I started using the Resolve Issue Screen when the issue is transitioned from "doing" to "resolved", so the dev has to fill some information about the resolution.

The thing is that I wanted the devs to fill the Story Points field, but it is not showing in the screen.

The screen configuration is as follow:

Selection_015.png

And the screen itself is:

Selection_016.pngThe "Story Points" field already has a search template.

Does anyone know why is this happening, please?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2019

Why would they add Story Points when the issue is being resolved? This activity occurs during the Sprint Planning Meeting, before work on the issue is begun. This screen is configured to be used is a relatively textbook Agile environment, which is why Story Points is not on this screen. You can add it to the screen, but it doesn't make sense to me why you would do that.

Raphael Pinheiro October 22, 2019

Hi Dave!

We have a custom field "Estimate Story Points", which we use prior to development. And the "Story Points" field we are using to measure the effort of the actual work. We decided to use this approach to try and improve our story mapping and prioritization, to understand if we are estimating the effort correctly. =)

Suggest an answer