The problem to install(x86) : org.apache.jasper.JasperException: java.lang.NullPointerException

Hi

I have problem to install 64bit..

I installed the JIRA but there is error below..

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: java.lang.NullPointerException

I don't know why I have this problem.

I tried this even though it is not the problem about NullPointerException.

however it was useless

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/'org.apache.jasper.JasperException+Unable+to+compile+class+for+JSP'+or+Workflow+Actions+Inaccessible

Is there somebody to solve this problem..??

help me...

64bit

JIRA 6.2.5

port : 8000

2 answers

0 votes

Null pointer exception is the Java fallback error message effectively - it really means something bad has happened, not been caught by the code, not been anticipated and it could be caused by anything. You've probably just picked on the first error message you found on the web without reading all the other errors that lead up to it.

However, that "anything" is almost certainly logged as well. What does the rest of the log say?

Hi Hyeonoh Ji,

Which Java version are you using on this machine?

Also, is it Linux or Windows?

Please paste here the error message so more people can help with this issue.

Regards,

Celso Yoshioka

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,804 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot