The post function "apply template" is only half working for me

Wayne Moore April 28, 2022

I have a kanban project which deals primarily with Epics. Once an epic gets to another stage (todo to in progress) I want it to inherit a predefined epic template which consists of a description as well as some tasks. I got this working and had no issues for many weeks but lately only the description is being applied but the tasks are not. I checked and tasks are part of this workflow and it also worked in the past.

Any idea how this can be solved?

1 answer

2 votes
Aleksandra Bosacka _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 5, 2022

Hi Wayne!

It's Aleksandra from Deviniti Support Team - the vendor of the Issue Templates app you referenced.

I wanted to follow-up in this post as well, as I can see that you've reported the same issue via our support, and I believe it's worth posting the solution here.

If tasks copied from templare are not visible under the parent epic, the best way to ensure that everything is setup correctly is to review the screens configuration in your target project. More specifically, you should verify that the Epic Name and Epic Link fields are present on the Create Issue Screen assigned to your project's scheme, which will allow the app to reflect the relation between the epic and its tasks.

This should help you prevent similar issues in the future.

Cheers,
Aleksandra

Suggest an answer