The plugin key must either match the OSGi bundle symbolic name or be specified

JIRA Startup Failed

Error occurred while starting Plugin Manager. The plugin key 'jira-gadget-tutorial-plugin' must either match the OSGi bundle symbolic name (Bundle-SymbolicName) or be specified in the Atlassian-Plugin-Key manifest header caused by: The plugin key 'jira-gadget-tutorial-plugin' must either match the OSGi bundle symbolic name (Bundle-SymbolicName) or be specified in the Atlassian-Plugin-Key manifest header.

I've even tried cloning the jira-issues gadget and it gives the same error.

2 answers

1 vote

The code in that tutorial is mostly valid, but is out of date, it sort of stopped working with version 6.  You have to change the pom.xml and other bits to update it to make it with later versions of JIRA

That's what I figured, but I couldn't find any up-to-date guides. Do you know of any? If not, what would I need to change from that tutorial?

It's been a while since I tried it.  I remember the way to go was to use the current SDK to create the plugin skeleton, and then only use the java code in it.  The rest I had to work out for myself.

So once I've created a skeleton plugin, what can I change to modify my gadget? Should I just leave everything and only touch the JS file?

That's a good start, but I think you need to go over the atlassian-plugin.xml and possibly add something to the pom.xml

Any update on this problem? I am running into the same while trying to follow the gadget tutorial.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

403 views 2 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you