The new look & feel sucks, how do I go back to the previous look?

Richard Lalancette February 6, 2018

how do I go back to the previous look?

6 answers

4 votes
Chris Mealey February 22, 2018

I searched for "sucks"  and this is the exact question I had... seriously, the new interface sucks.  I'm gonna search for more threads and let them know that they screwed the pooch with their overhaul.

4 votes
Fred Rush February 6, 2018

Don't worry, just wait a month and it will get worse.  In 2 years it's gone from annoyingly poor, to downright awful to use.

Jim Hubbard April 20, 2021

@Fred Rush was correct.... it was a little more than 2 years, but the newest ticket interface is indeed, worse.

Like Nathan Breaux likes this
2 votes
Joe Kuan April 19, 2019

I have been using this new interface for a while. It still sucks and I can't get used to it. For instance, why on earth TRUNCATE each JIRA title. You can't call it summary page if you can't even tell what JIRA items there.

Why there have to be 2 steps navigational process? What's wrong treating all JIRA items in one big table, each row display the whole title. Why there is no obvious link going back to the old navigational style. If something IS NOT BROKEN, don't fix it and the new design is the exact opposite of LESS IS MORE, going down the Salesforce style.

PS: We are currently exploring Github and it looks potential.

1 vote
Damian July 29, 2018

Stride to me in a nutshell was pure marketing hype and poor execution leading to a an amateur chat app. Emphasis was placed on the wrong things and lots of important features and functionality was let out. How did Atlassian management ever buy off on this? I was hopeful Stride would present a viable competition to Slack, but it failed miserable. Feel bad for product/dev teams who somehow screwed this one up, and thumbs down to the the Atlassian Company Directors who didn't rectify the situation before the product hit the market.

1 vote
Richard Lalancette February 23, 2018

@[deleted] There are formal UX principles that needs to be in place to produce a nice product.

Your tools have suffered from the lack of good UX.

Make your tool fun and productive to use and your users will invite other users to come and try your product.

0 votes
Christine Fedruk April 28, 2021

I HATE this new view and the fact that you have forced us to use it now impacts how I feel about ALL of your products.  It is terrible and making us ask JIRA admin to fix the serious flaws you have forced on the default view is lazy in the extreme. 

Gonna ask folks to send requests via email now. 

Suggest an answer