The documentation for {{fieldChange}} is inconsistent and incorrect

Tyler Gibson March 4, 2022

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/

The {{fieldChange}} section is not hooked into the table of contents for the page, the bracketing and camelcasing isn't consistent, and the smart value properties themselves are inconsistent and wrong.

only addedFieldChange and deletedFieldChange work.  addedFieldChanged/deletedFieldChanged do not work and always return empty.

This cost me a couple of hours of hair pulling.

Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 9.29.38 AM.png

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2022

Hi @Tyler Gibson and welcome to the community,

holy moly 😮😮 What a bummer :-/

Thanks for pointing that out and creating awareness in the community.
Could you please raise this directly to atlassian support/team to get this fixed (as the community is mainly a place for questions/answers and does not collect bugs - just in some cases detected by atlassian team members).

Best
Stefan

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2022

Hi @Tyler Gibson -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Yes, and...to what Stefan suggests: At the bottom of that documentation page, you may find a "Provide feedback about this article" link to offer ideas.  When I provide contact info for that I find Atlassian sometimes follows up directly.

I agree the automation documentation needs improvement, and here is one of several suggestions to do so: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JIRAAUTOSERVER-103

Kind regards,
Bill

Like • # people like this
Tyler Gibson March 4, 2022

Thanks for that Bill and Stefan! - I had missed the feedback link at bottom of page, perhaps it only shows when logged in?  Have also logged feedback directly to Atlassian now, just hope this is helpful to others who may have run across the same issue(s)

Like • Stefan Salzl likes this
0 votes
Laurent Braconnier
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 3, 2022

Thanks you for the "deletedFieldChange" whitch is not in the doc but works fine :)

I can delete a followers with automation.

Suggest an answer