If I create a text file saved as .csv with the following content:
Summary, Original Estimate
this test, 3600
When I bulk import this, 3600 should set the Original Estimate field to 1 hour, but instead it sets the field to 1 minute.
The problem still is at least for jira cloud. For me works variant with converting estimate to seconds and them multiply it by 60 (it's weird, but it works), e.g.:
You want estimate task as 6 hours. Convert 6 hours to seconds at first: 6 * 60 * 60 = 21600. And them multiple by 60 once again just in order to be parsed by jira import correctly.
With days it's more tricky. You have to keep in mind that for jira 1 day equals 8 hours (or whatever you set in project settings). So, to estimate task e.g. as 2 days, at first convert days to hours (consider 8 hours as a day): 2 * 8 = 16 hours. Then convert it to seconds: 16 * 60 * 60 = 57600. And finally, multiply it by 60: 57600 * 60 = 3456000. So the resulting value which you should put in your csv is 3456000 which means 2 jira's days.
Multiplying seconds by 60 is a bug. Don't consider it as a rule. It's just a workaround for now. JIRA must fix it
This workaround doesn't seem to be working anymore....
Example of data I have tried to upload:
1 day = 8 hours -> 8
8 hours = 8*60*60 seconds = 28800 seconds -> 28800
28800 seconds = 1728000 millseconds -> 1728000
Every other piece of info is being created with the issue, just not the estimate. Totally frustrating!!
i have a similar problem:
it works for me in seconds as long as the amount of seconds is 1 hour or more.
however, it does not work if I try to enter an amount of seconds which is below 1h, instead of showin 0,5h in original estimate field, JIRA shows me 0.
Short note: i changed the default number value for time tracking to hours instead of minutes
I just ran through this one with Atlassian support on JIRA v7.12.1
There does appear to be a bug when the default time tracking unit is 'minute'. When I changed that value (Administration > Issues > Time Tracking) to 'hour' the import happens correctly (ie an 'Original Estimate' entered in seconds is correctly divided into the expected week/day/hour value).
We are having the very same issue with the CSV import working properly when trying on our evaluation server but not on our production instance. On the evaluation server importing the following CSV results in the original estimate being set to 1 hour (which is according to the documentation correct).
Summary;Issue Id;Component;Assignee;Reporter;Issue Type;Priority;Original Estimate;Start date;Due Date Set up demo for client;BUSTEST-4;Pre-sales;test;test;Task;Medium;3600;2016.12.10.12:00;2017.01.02.12:00
Importing the very same CSV file on the production server results in the original estimate being set to 1 minute. Anyone experiencing the same issue as us?
I wanted to CSV-import issues containing Original Estimate with an amount of hours. It didn't import correctly.
I could solve the problem by multiplying the formula h*3600*60=h*216000 and importetd again.
Strange behaviour. Documentation needs updating here.
Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud: Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events