The csv bulk import doesn't seem to import Original Estimate correctly

If I create a text file saved as .csv with the following content:

Summary, Original Estimate

this test, 3600

When I bulk import this, 3600 should set the Original Estimate field to 1 hour, but instead it sets the field to 1 minute.

8 answers

Summary, Original Estimate, Remaining Estimate, assigned
this test, 3600000, 0, admin

That imports as 2d 40m.

The help section says that Original Estimate imports as seconds.

0 vote

The import thinks in milliseconds, so you're importing a few seconds, which JIRA rounds up to 1 minute.  

Try 3,600,000

Has this been resolved?

It started working correctly again, so I guess so.

i have a similar problem:

it works for me in seconds as long as the amount of seconds is 1 hour or more.

however, it does not work if I try to enter an amount of seconds which is below 1h, instead of showin 0,5h in original estimate field, JIRA shows me 0.

Short note: i changed the default number value for time tracking to hours instead of minutes 

Hello everyone,

We are having the very same issue with the CSV import working properly when trying on our evaluation server but not on our production instance. On the evaluation server importing the following CSV results in the original estimate being set to 1 hour (which is according to the documentation correct).

Summary;Issue Id;Component;Assignee;Reporter;Issue Type;Priority;Original Estimate;Start date;Due Date
Set up demo for client;BUSTEST-4;Pre-sales;test;test;Task;Medium;3600;2016.12.10.12:00;2017.01.02.12:00

Importing the very same CSV file on the production server results in the original estimate being set to 1 minute. Anyone experiencing the same issue as us?

I wanted to CSV-import issues containing Original Estimate with an amount of hours. It didn't import correctly.

I could solve the problem by multiplying the formula h*3600*60=h*216000 and importetd again.

Strange behaviour. Documentation needs updating here.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,336 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot