The best test management for Jira

Deleted user August 15, 2023

Hi community,

I am new here, we are looking for a test management tool for our new project. Could you introduce a good and flexible one?

Please don't propose xRay or Zephyr, I already tried them but they are too old and too expensive.

Thanks,

Steve

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tam _DevSamurai_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 15, 2023

Hi Steve,

You should take a look at this new app called AgileTest

It is very flexible, supports all testing strategies

- Test Script to quickly write tests, checklists, execute test and generate reports

- Ad-hoc test with test session for more rapid release cycles & continuous delivery

- If you want to do detailed traditional test management it also supports well with the full-featured general test management strategy with Test Case, Test PreCondition, Test Suite, Test Steps, Test Plan, Test Run and comprehensive reports.

Please take a look at this video for more info

You can find more info and resources from its website Test Management for Jira

P/S: I am working for DevSamurai the maker of AgileTest.

Cheers,

Tam

Deleted user August 15, 2023

Hey Tam,

Thanks for the answer, I will take a look at your tool.

Cheers,

Like # people like this
6 votes
Brijesh Patel August 15, 2023

Hi Steven,

I would like to suggest QTM4J (QMetry Test Management for Jira) which is providing end to end to test management capabilities and emerge as the BEST VALUE BASED TEST MANAGEMENT APP within Atlassian ecosystem.

Regards,

Brijesh Patel.

Deleted user August 16, 2023

Thanks!

Like # people like this
3 votes
Ewa Grabowska-Ptak_SolDevelo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 16, 2023

Hi @[deleted]   ,

Nice to meet you! I would like to recommend to you our QAlity Plus - Test Management for Jira

While creating QAlity Plus, we wanted to provide users with an easy and swift solution to perform manual tests. Some of the features that might interest you are:

- History of past executions on the execution page - did it happen before or is it a new bug? With execution history, you can save time on wondering and simply check, without switching context, all the bugs and failed steps that were previously reported. 

previous.png

- Report or link bugs directly from the Test Steps - when you create a bug, the reproduction steps are automatically copied from the Test Case. So, you can save time and not repeat your work. 

reproduction steps.gif

- Traceability report - which allows you to compare which tests are more successful in finding defects than the others and learn what should be improved. 

traceablitiy.png

You can start a 30-day free trial here, or check out the app in the interactive demo here. Should you have any questions, I will be happy to assist you or schedule a demo call. 

Deleted user August 16, 2023

thanks!

1 vote
ritvick_udasi October 20, 2023

Hello,

I understand your need for a cost-effective test management solution for your client, especially if Xray & Zephyr doesn't fit within their budget. One excellent alternative that I would recommend considering is "QMetry Test Management for Jira."

QMetry Test Management for Jira offers a robust set of features for managing tests and test cases within the Jira environment, making it a seamless choice for teams that are already using Jira for project management and issue tracking. Here are some reasons why you should consider QMetry Test Management for Jira:

1. Integration with Jira: QMetry seamlessly integrates with Jira, allowing you to create, manage, and track test cases directly within your existing Jira projects. This integration ensures a smooth workflow for your team.

2. Affordable Pricing: QMetry offers competitive pricing, which can be more budget-friendly compared to some other test management tools, including Xray. This makes it an excellent choice for teams looking for cost-effective solutions.

3. Comprehensive Test Management Features: QMetry provides a wide range of test management features, including test planning, test execution, and comprehensive reporting. It supports both manual and automated testing, catering to different testing requirements.

4. Ease of Use: QMetry's user-friendly interface makes it easy for your team to create and organize test cases, execute tests, and generate detailed test reports without a steep learning curve.

5. Scalability: QMetry is suitable for both small teams and large enterprises, offering the scalability to grow with your client's needs.

6. Support and Community: QMetry has an active community and provides good customer support, ensuring that you have the resources you need to get the most out of the tool.

In conclusion, QMetry Test Management for Jira is a reliable and cost-effective test management solution that can seamlessly integrate with your client's Jira environment. It offers the essential features needed for effective test management and comes at a lower monthly price point compared to some other options. I recommend giving it a try and exploring whether it meets your client's requirements.

Best regards,

Ritvick Udasi

1 vote
Noopur Varshney _AIO Tests_
Marketplace Partner
August 16, 2023

Hi @[deleted] 

Do checkout AIO Tests also. It is a modestly priced app and it offers all the key features of a test management tool. It goes beyond in reporting capabilities too. Please feel free to go through our documentation or setup a demo with an expert.

It's a very intuitive app with zero setup time and supports the entire testing lifecycle.

Here is a list of the key features and we keep adding more:

• easy creation and import of test cases
  • linking to Requirements (Jira stories)
  • organizing in Folders and Sets
  • efficient execution with analytical view of multiple test executions
  • easy recording of run defects and artifacts
  • inbuilt traceability and execution reports
  • a number of gadgets to view all information on Jira Dashboards
  • Integration with numerous Automation Frameworks (Cucumber, JUnit, NUnit, TestNG, Postman, etc.)
  • Cypress and Katalon Studio integrations
  • Jenkins plugin

Please feel free to reach out to us via help@aiotests.com.

Regards,
Noopur (AIO Tests Team)

0 votes
Gal Fatal
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2023

Hi @[deleted] 

I can recommend on a new app in the marketplace.

Tricentis Test Management for Jira

This app brings the latest technology with embedded AI engine.

Worth trying - free for up to 10 users, and much cheaper than the big and old testing apps players.

Good luck

Gal

0 votes
Tam _DevSamurai_
Marketplace Partner
August 15, 2023

Hi Steve,

You should take a look at AgileTest Test Management for Jira .

It supports all testing styles and strategies.

Cheers,

Tam

Fadi Hawli December 11, 2023

Also you have Vansah , QMetry Zephyr Squad and Xray

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events