The Jira Road Map Macro in Confluence won't display the Road Map, why?

Jason Kossen July 25, 2019

I have the Next Gen Project setup with Epics and Stories. I followed the steps here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/roadmap-957979308.html#Roadmap-TroubleshootyourRoadmap and copied the URL to the page in Confluence and its recognized and shows the road map box but instead of showing the road map I get a message:

We can't display this Jira roadmap.

Please check with your system administrator.

I am a system administrator but I can't for the life of me figure out why it won't display? 

Anyone have any ideas? Is it broken?

4 answers

2 votes
Jason Hollis February 25, 2020

The marco option continues to fail for us on all confluence pages and next-gen projects, however pasting the roadmap URL works so we are just going with that less eloquent option for now. 

0 votes
Janet Dixon May 16, 2023

The 2 different macros (Jira Road Map and Jira Roadmap) are both still in Confluence Cloud.  I'm not having a problem with either one, but am curious why there are 2 of these macros. Does anyone know what the difference is in these?  Thanks!!

0 votes
yusuff_salam
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 31, 2022

What are the differences between the two Macros: Jira Road Map and Jira roadmap ? please

What purpose do they serve?  A clearer description is needed and probably, shoulder be added under the Macro display.

0 votes
WaiYee Loo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2019

Hi Jason,

You see that message because the roadmap you embed is either not available or invalid.
Can you check the following things?

1. Can you double check the project you were trying to embed to Confluence page a next-gen project?
  2. Can you navigate to the page in Jira and make sure that you have the project's permission to view the project?
  3. Can you navigate to the Jira roadmap page that you were trying to embed and check if it is missing any configuration as it mentioned in https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/roadmap-957979308.html#Roadmap-TroubleshootyourRoadmap ?
Jason Kossen July 25, 2019

Hi there,

So for 1, confirmed this is a brand new next gen project. 

For 2, I created the project and am a full system admin.

For 3 I can see the project and the road map view within the project itself. 

All the configurations mentioned have been met but still not able to make the jira roadmap macro work. 

WaiYee Loo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2019

Hi Jason,

I am sorry it did not work for you. We would like to investigate this issue, could you raise a "Technical issues and bugs" support request at https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/ please?

Jodi_Bulmer August 21, 2019

I have the same issue - is there an open issue on this bug?  Thanks!

no_roadmap.JPG

I can see it on my dashboard in Jira, but trying to embed in confluence = :(

Like Jake Penzo likes this
WaiYee Loo
Atlassian Team
August 21, 2019

Hi Jodi,

There isn't an open ticket for this bug, could you raise a technical issue/bug  at https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/ so we could investigate the issue with more information?

Regards,
Yee

WaiYee Loo
Atlassian Team
August 22, 2019

Hi Jodi, 

Thank you for spending the time to create the ticket, looks like you were referring to another macro, we will definitely look into this matter.

Best regard,
Waiyee

Jodi_Bulmer August 22, 2019

??  I don't follow.  The OP said the road map macro won't display in confluence, just like the issue I opened.

WaiYee Loo
Atlassian Team
August 22, 2019

Hi Jodi,

There are actually 2 macros with similar names, Jira Road Map and Jira roadmap. The issue Jason had was from Jira roadmap, and yours was from Jira Road Map. I am sorry for the confusion.

Best regards,
Waiyee

Like yusuff_salam likes this
Igal Kaplan December 9, 2019

is this still open issue ? I have the same problem in latest cloud version

Igal Kaplan December 9, 2019

my bad - actually all working now, I did not pay attention that it was not new generation project, because it is not defined by default 

Suggest an answer