Text status field on Advances roadmap.

Moe.Madjdi September 2, 2022

Hi, We would like to find a way for 100 projects to provide their status update (text) every two weeks on Advanced Roadmap. Is there any way to apply a template to the text field.

In another word, maybe it could be something like an automated form/confluence that automatically collects status from project managers.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2022

Hi @Moe.Madjdi 

Is this field on a new Issue every two weeks, or an existing one?

I've assumed this is a Company-managed Project given you're using Advanced Roadmaps.

New Issue

You can give a field a default value. You'll need to be a Jira Admin, and then...

1. Go to Jira Settings > Issues
  2. On the row of your custom field, select the breadcrumbs (3-dots icon) > Contexts and Default Values
  3. Select the hyperlink Edit Default Value
  4. Add your Template (which you can use wiki markup for), and press Set Default

Existing Issue

If it's a case of updating the same field every two weeks, you could use Automation. For example...

• Trigger: Scheduled
    • Run: Every 2 weeks
    • JQL: issuetype = Initiative and resolution IS EMPTY - or whatever query is relevant
  • Action: Edit Issue
    • Set the relevant custom field to a template
  • Action: Comment on Issue
    • Comment asking the relevant user to update the status update field

Would either of these work for you?

Let us know your thoughts :)

Ste

Moe.Madjdi September 15, 2022

@Stephen Wright _Elabor8_  This is great and promising! Thanks for helping. Since I don't have Jira Admin Access, I will as our admin to make those fields and let you know. Waiting for my ticket to be processed and someone being assigned to work with me on this! Thanks again.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events