Text search for an exact phrase with esqcape charactures

Eugene Podshivalov
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 16, 2016

How can you find issues which summary matches an exact phrase with a special character in it, e.g. "server:".

I have tried summary ~ "server\\:" but it still does not take the colon into consideration.

1 answer

0 votes
Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2016

According to the JIRA Server 7.1 documentation special characters should be escaped with a single backlash in simple searches and double backslashes in advanced search. I have tried your query in JIRA server 6.3 and it works as expected - returns an issue with a summary containing "server:". What version of JIRA are you using and do you use JIRA Server or JIRA cloud?

Eugene Podshivalov
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 21, 2016

It does find "server:" but it also finds issues like "mobile: server".

How do you make it find only those issues which summary contains the exact phrase of a word followed by a special character (colon in this case)?

Using JIRA 7.1.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events