Test if Component/s is empty with Groovy script

Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2014

Hi all,

I am creating a transition validator with the Script Runner that shall work like this:

• If the checkbox "Quick Ticket" is cleared it shall allow the create transition at all times
  • If the checkbox is set it shall only allow the transition if there is (at least) one value set for Component/s
  • The field Component/s shall only be mandatory in this case

I have come up with the following condition in the scripted validator but I can't get the Component/s validation to work :-(

cfValues['Quick Ticket'] == null || (cfValues['Quick Ticket'] != null && issue.components != null)

It is probably really simple but I cannot figure the syntax out here.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Cheers,

// Svante

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Tsol
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2014

I think the components part should be like the following

issue.getComponentObjects().size() != 0

Hope that works

Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2014

Yep, that did the trick!

Great, thnx!

Cheers,

// Svante

0 votes
Ritu Garg July 24, 2014

I want to check if Comment is empty along with other custom with Groovy script. Please help.

Suggest an answer