Tempo timesheet approval by project

Manuel Dias December 29, 2014

Hi all,

We have several consultants working in different JIRA projects at the same time. Each project has its own project manager, that must validate and control reported time by each user.

Is it possible to setup JIRA/Tempo so that when a consultant requests its timesheet approval, if he has worked in different projects, each project manager must approve first the consultant reported time, before the complete consultant timesheet is approved?

If so, how can I configure it?

Thanks!

mdias

4 answers

4 votes
Pete Davis March 23, 2018

The response from Atlassian references a feature request that a) has been on the 'long term roadmap' for nearly 8 years, and b) is different from the feature requested in this thread.  I would not hold out much hope for this being implemented anytime soon

the ability to approve timesheets on a project by project basis, rather is fundamental to my business, and i would have thought, to man others.

Despite paying a lot for this plugin, there seems little interest in actually giving customers what they need.

Will be looking outside of Atlasssian for a solution, with suppliers that still interested in service

3 votes
Mari Car December 19, 2017

Hi everybody,

that´s an old request. 

Could you finde a solution in this Time? How did you solve it? 

Thank you and kind regards

Maria

1 vote
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2014

Hi Manuel,

this is not possible in the current version of Tempo Timesheets but it has been requested in https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/TT-455. We value feedback and comments on how we can make Tempo better, so if you'd like to contribute to this request, please vote on it and add a comment that will help Tempo developers to implement this request.

Kind regards,

Susanne

Sue Webber February 27, 2019

Hi Susanne

Was this issue ever resolved? If not can we open it again on the backlog, as I see the link you posted is now dead.

I would like to submit timesheets for one resource to multiple approvers.

Kind Regards

Sue

Like Andrew Wong likes this
0 votes
Dominik Ptak December 1, 2020

Hi @Susanne Götz _Tempo_ 

do you know, if the function to approve the timesheet by project is available? I don't have acess to confluence, so I cannot check the status of TT-455

Thanks
Dominik

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2020

Hi @Dominik Ptak ,

The JIRA instance where TT-455 was tracked is no longer in use. 

The functionality to approve timesheets by project is not available, but you can votenand comment on the Idea in the Tempo Ideas portal, https://ideas.tempo.io/ideas/T1-I-41

Best regards,
Susanne

Suggest an answer