Tempo Timesheets Account

Müller_ Julian December 11, 2019

Hello everybody,

I'm wondering why the Account field which is brought by Tempo Timesheets is not editable for our customers. I found out, that everybody with the global permission "Tempo Timesheets Access" can edit the Account.

But I don't want our customers to have access to Tempo Timesheets. They should only fill in the account.

Is that not possible?

Best regards,
Julian

1 answer

0 votes
Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2019

Hi @Müller_ Julian

Users that do not have access to Tempo Timesheets should still be able to set a value for the Account field in JIRA issues.

If you encounter this problem in JIRA Service Desk when customers are creating a ticket, you might be affected by the problem described in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-86. This problem affects the custom fields provided by Tempo.

Regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team

Müller_ Julian December 12, 2019

Hello Susanne,

we had ServiceDesk installed and also Tempo. ServiceDesk has been uninstalled, so I guess that this could be a result of our installation.

Is there any way to fix this?

Best regards,

Julian

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2019

Hi @Müller_ Julian ,

It should not be a problem for issues that are not JIRA Service Desk issues. 

For Service Desk, there is no workaround for this. The fix / improved needs to be done by Atlassian, so that 3rd party custom fields can be added. Commenting / voting for the above mentioned issue might be helpful.

Regards,
Susanne 

The Issues aren't ServiceDesk Issues and our users still need Tempo Access to fill the field. I don't know why.

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2019

Do the customers have permission to edit issues and can they edit other custom fields in the issues?

Yes they can. That's why i came to the global tempo permissions. Everything else is working fine.

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2019

Hi @Müller_ Julian

Can you please create a ticket for this in our Tempo support (https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/6) so we can better investigate this.

Thank you 

Regards,
Susanne 

Suggest an answer