Tempo Timesheet Under/Over Utilization?

Pete Bagdon June 4, 2020

Greetings Atlassian Community,

Our organization is new to Tempo Timesheets. I'm looking to see if there are any tips or tricks within Tempo that could help a manager or Scrum Master identify an individual who is under utilized or over utilized on a daily/weekly or sprint basis? 

Do they have to submit their Timesheet to see this? or is this something that the manager or scrum master can view daily? 

Any help/direction would be greatly appreciate. 

Be well,

Pete  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2020

With the correct permissions, a manager can view their team members' time sheets prior to the time sheets being submitted. If you are the Tempo Admin, you can provide these permissions on a team by team basis. (If the manager is the team lead in Tempo, they most likely already have these permissions; if they are not the team lead here's what to do.)

Go into a team and click the Permissions option at the top right (I'm on a small screen so it's collapsed under More).

2020-06-04 11_48_19-Teams - Jira - Vivaldi.pngClick the Add Permission Role button.

2-Teams - Jira - Vivaldi.png

Give the role a name, make sure it has the View Team Worklogs permission, then click Add Users. Remember to click Save when done.

wTeams.png

There are also dashboard gadgets they can use to display this info. Keep in mind that gadgets are subject to the permissions of the data they display, so you'll still need to make sure the manager has the correct permissions before they can use these gadgets. Here are a few that might cover your needs:
2020_06_04_11_54_50_Esther_s_Dashboard_Jira_Vivaldi.png

Pete Bagdon June 9, 2020

Thank you for the feedback - Trying to clarify a little further of what I am looking for - if we are going with weekly Timesheet submission - is there a way in this view to show under/over utilization? Like if the team member was over 37.5 hrs it would be red and under 37.5 orange? More of a visual queue ?

image.png

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2020

(FYI, I just noticed you're on Server; we are on Cloud. There may be differences in functionality, especially if you're not on the most recent version.)

You can set up different workload schemes that determine how many hours a user should be logging per period. For example, we have a Full Time scheme (40 hours per week), a Part Time scheme (20 hours per week), and a Contractor scheme (they are billed hourly, so there are no specific requirements.)

Your sheet above indicates that you're using monthly periods, not weekly. Here's what my recent weekly timesheets look like; I'm on the Full Time scheme and have not yet submitted the previous period.

2020-06-09 12_43_29-Tempo - Jira - Vivaldi.png

You can see that my current period is 8 hours short of what it should be at this point in time (our periods run from Tuesday to the following Monday, so since today is Tuesday, my current sheet should only have 8 hours logged.) The last period shows that it's 25h 15m behind, and you can see from the blue/yellow bar and the breakdown under the far right side of the bar how the time is broken down (I've logged 14h 45m of the required 40h.) The period that closed on May 26 is already submitted and approved, but since the bar is fully blue, you can tell that I've made my 40 hours, and can see by the "15m Ahead" and "40h 15m/40h" texts that I've logged 15 minutes more than I'm required to.

For someone on a different workload scheme, all of the references to 40h would be replaced with the number of hours they're required to log.

Pete Bagdon June 9, 2020

Awesome. Thanks for the update. So the ahead means you worked over 40 in the 5/26-6/1 window?

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 9, 2020

Yes, if you look below the 15m Ahead you can see the actual time worked - 40 hours and 15 minutes.

Suggest an answer