• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Tempo Timesheet: Cascading dynamic workattributes JSON Return

Hi All

I am try using the tempo's Cascading dynamic workattributes feature and got some issues
I am following the link  Cascading dynamic workattributes 
Here my configuration

12-10-2020 2-43-07 PM.jpgafter that i'm trying :) logwork

12-10-2020 2-44-58 PM.jpg

When i selected 'WorkType' list box, nothing happened, it look like no API called :)

I have two question

1. Why tempo can not call API?, my configuration is incorrect?

2. format of response JSON

Here my response

{"values":[{"key":"0100","value":"This is option ONE"},{"key":"0200","value":"And here is option TWO"}]}

is it correct?

Regards

1 answer

Hi @An Phạm

I assume you have some error logs in your browser console that will give you a hint on what is going wrong.

Be aware that the response needs to be parsed as JSONP. You can refer to our official documentation. When you look into this example you will notice that the "values" need to wrapped into "()" and not into "{}" which I assume is throwing the error in your case.

BR 

Hi Alex

Thanks for your support

After i corrected some mistake, it worked :), i can create cascading worklog attributes

but i got other issue

i have 2 listbox

1. Worktype lisbox ={BA,DEV}
  2. Activity listbox, value base on 'Worktype' values
    1. if 'Worktype' = 'BA' then 'Activity ' ={BA1,BA2,BA3}
    2. if 'Worktype' = 'DEV' then 'Activity ' ={DEV1,DEV2,DEV3}

i got issue when

• select 'Worktype' = 'DEV' and chose 'Activity ' = 'DEV2', next i reselected   'Worktype' = 'BA', 'Activity ' value was not auto refresh, still 'Activity ' = 'DEV2'
    • My expected:  'Activity ' list box will reset values when 'Worktype' change value
    • For more detail please see attached files

Regards

12-11-2020 9-20-55 AM.jpg

12-11-2020 9-21-34 AM.jpg

Hi @An Phạm ,

glad to hear that you could make it work.

Can you please tell me what version of Tempo you are running on? I know that there have been some issues about the dynamic dropdown values not populating after a change in a previous list but that should be fixed in the most recent version of Tempo (10.18.x).

BR

Hi Alex

Here my Tempo Timesheets version

Tempo Timesheets - 10.19.0 

I resend a video to clarify the problem I'm having with tempo 'Cascading dynamic workattributes'

Tempo issue 

Regards

Hi @An Phạm ,

can I ask you to downgrade to our offical version of Tempo 10.18.6 or at least test your setup against this version?

Maybe the best you submit a support ticket.

BR

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you