Teams with different jira licens.

Far Nav February 4, 2020

Hi,

At my place of work, we have several different teams that need to set up different issue types and different flows for these. They have bought licenses separately which is more expensive.
I try to convince them that they can create better collaboration between the teams if you buy 100 licenses and demonstrate that it is possible to have low administration around Jira despite having an increased number of users who want to work according to their own flow and issue type and issue state.

What are your tips or examples can make it easier for me to sell my idea.
can each team have their own issue types and flow configuration around them?
Can we co-exist without increased administration and configuration in jira.
How can you configure jira to avoid limiting the configuration capability for each other?

Are there ways to add these licenses together to utilize volume license benefits?

1 answer

0 votes
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2020

You absolutely do not need separate licenses or instances to allow you to have separate configuration.

Each project within a single Jira instance can have it's own defined set of Issue Types (via Issue Type Scheme) and Workflows (Workflow Schemes).  All configuration can be unique to a project if that is what you require.

I would speak to Atlassian about consolidating your licenses and just having a single instance of Jira under one licence.

Suggest an answer