Teams list through Rest API

Parshv Tridhya May 6, 2024

Hi, I'm looking for the rest API for get teams list of my account. is there any way I can achieve it without it there is no meaning to integrate JIRA in my project. Looking for your quick support for this?

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2024

Hello @Parshv Tridhya 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Are you trying to get the list of Teams that have been defined within the Jira Cloud product, and can be used in the Team field? If so, it doesn't appear that there is currently a public API for getting a list of all Teams. This is the documentation I found:

https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/teams/rest/v1/api-group-teams-public-api/#api-gateway-api-public-teams-v1-org-orgid-teams-teamid-get

The following post mentions an internal api endpoint that could be used. Note though that this is not a public endpoint and is therefore unsupported.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-get-all-Teams-in-JIRA-via-the-cloud-rest-api/qaq-p/2347367

Parshv Tridhya May 6, 2024

But Is there any way (API) I can find or search teams through my ID or organization ID ?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2024

I don't think I am understanding your question. I have provided you with the API documentation that enables you to search for teams.

The public API has an endpoint for getting a Team based on the Team's ID.

The post mentioning the internal API enables you to get a list of all the Teams for your Organization.

If that does not satisfy your need, please provide more information about what you want to do, and what problem you are trying to solve.

Parshv Tridhya May 7, 2024

I have go through with your solution but actually we are making forge app and we required api which provides list of teams but some of the reasons it won't working.

image_2024_05_07T06_17_20_201Z-1.png

Oliver Siebenmarck _Polymetis Apps_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2024

Hey, I'm in that screenshot! So, it's been a year since then and @Trudy Claspill has correctly pointed out that there now is an official API you can call.

Unfortunately for you and your use-case, the official API is at the org-level and thus not meant to be consumed by Connect or Forge apps. If you want that kind of access, you should open a feature request. 

In the original post, I also mentioned GraphQL. Since then, I have warmed up to GraphQL – it's fantastic, albeit a bit verbose. If you are building a Compass app, I believe you can use:

CompassCatalogQueryApi.searchTeams 

to look for teams. Apart from that, I currently wouldn't know where to look. 

Hope that helps,
 Oliver

Suggest an answer