Task not showing up on structure gantt chart

Clement Besson March 30, 2021

Hi Everybody, 

I am new to structure gantt charts

I am using the Structure Gantt Chart feature. As you can see from the Scheduling configuration, I am using the Planned Start and Planned End fields.

Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 8.49.14 AM.png

If you see the two examples highlighted below. The one in blue is working properly. The one is red is not as the task is not showing up on the chart

Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 8.52.14 AM.png

Please see a screenshot form the issue detail screen, where you can see that the planned start and planned end are filed out. Anyone seen this issue before?

Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 8.58.42 AM.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
alexeypegov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2021

Hi Clement!

This is Alexey from the ALM Works.

One suggestion I have is that it might happen that in your case the bar you're expecting to see as a Task is visualized as a Group (groups are visualized like brackets, like the one that is visible on the screenshot) instead, because it indeed have some child issues in the WBS (left part), but you have no permissions to see them. Is that makes sense in your case?

If you're sure that's not the case and you have permissions to see all issues in the WBS, then it looks that something wrong happened with Gantt itself (a bug) and you need to contact our support, since we might need to get some details about your configuration, Gantt version, etc.

Best regards,

Alexey

Clement Besson March 31, 2021

Thank you! That was it indeed, I had a link: "is parent of" which was not appropriate in this case. I removed the link and now everything is ok. Thank you for your help.

alexeypegov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2021

I'm glad that the problem is solved, and will file a ticket about to visualize things like this somehow more clear way.

Good luck,

Alexey.

0 votes
Alexa September 7, 2022

In case anyone is having trouble finding the setting that controls what is visualized as groups vs. tasks as @alexeypegov suggests above, below is a screenshot showing where to configure it. To get to this:

1. In the top right corner, click the ellipsis.
  2. Select the "Gantt Chart" option under Layout.
  3. Click the gear icon in the top left corner of the right panel that appears.
  4. Click the "Manage configurations" link.
  5. Select "Edit" next to the configuration you're using.

image1.png

Suggest an answer