Take Credit for Work In a Sprint But Still Have Statuses Left

tscoggin March 10, 2021

We want to take credit for work done in a Sprint prior to closing the ticket. Can this be done by adding a resolution to the ticket? I have two different project managers that have this same request. 

So we want to take credit for development work that has been completed during the sprint but the ticket is held up by delays in testing. So can we take Sprint credit without closing the ticket?

I've read a lot of questions about this but it wasn't clear if adding a resolution would allow you to take credit for the sprint work.

Any help would be great

1 answer

1 vote
C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2021

I will anticipate the response by Agilists and tell you that no one should take credit for unfinished tasks in a Sprint. If you can't finish the Story end-to-end, then you have finished. Credit is a team metric, not an individual metric.

Now, I will get off my soapbox and answer your question. You can set up a Scrum Board where the final (rightmost) status is the one that you consider completion. Then you can run the Story through a Sprint and the board will show that it is completed when it hits the rightmost status.

tscoggin March 10, 2021

Thanks Derek. Does that mean that the sprint considers it done if it's in the right most column?

Suggest an answer