Tagging tickets automatically when moved to done

Sherry Nightingale May 14, 2024

Hi

I would like to tag tickets automatically when moved to done with 'unvalidated' this is every ticket within one project

I would then like to be able to change 'unvalidated' to 'validated' on a selection of tickets that I spot check - I would like to make this change via a button or some simple way that doesn't open it up to human error

Thanks

Sherry 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pavol Gočal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2024

Hello @Sherry Nightingale

you can use labels to tag tickets with automation rule or using post-function on the transition to "Done" status.

To change the tag, you can create simple transition on status "Done" and in post-function, you can delete the label "unvalidated" and then add "validated". When the transition is created, you will also have a button available in the issue detail.

Vicente Domínguez _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2024

Hi @Sherry Nightingale and @Pavol Gočal,

I am part of the Decadis team and it would be possible to add a specific label in the transition to the Done status with the post function Update fields of our app JWT for Jira Cloud.

If there are some issues that are transitioned but should not be updated, an expression could be added to the Conditional execution section of the post function to restrict its execution.

If you are interested in our app and need more information about how to configure the post function for this purpose, please, feel free to create a request in our support portal or to reply to us in this thread.

Best regards,

Vicente 

0 votes
Sherry Nightingale May 16, 2024

Thank you @Pavol Gočal and @Vicente Domínguez _Decadis AG_ 

I went with the automation rule option and this seems to be working fine

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL