Tagging self does not send email

Evan Larrimore
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 18, 2020

I used to be able to tag myself as a comment on a ticket and get an email. This was helpful to send a reminder to myself during sprint planning sessions.

I checked my settings and believe everything is set up correctly. Has anyone else experienced this?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2020

Hello Evan,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

A while ago it was possible to mention ourselves and receive a notification, even with the option "Notifications of your changes" disabled. 

It was considered as a bug since when we disable this type of notification, we shouldn't receive any notification from things that we change on a ticket.

This bug was resolved in September 2019 and in October a feature request was created to implement a new type of notification where we can receive notification about mention but not about other changes, like comments or change of status.

Please, click on vote and watch to receive notifications about the feature.

For now, the only workaround is to go to your profile and change the Notifications of your changes to Notify me.

Regards,
Angélica

Deleted user July 28, 2021

jira notify me.PNGHi there, where can I find this option of notify me? I don't see it under my settings, this is what I see:

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2021

Hi @[deleted],

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

The option is now called "You make changes to the issue".

Kind regards,
Angélica

2 votes
kyle.mascarenhas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 22, 2024

Has anyone discovered a workaround to this? It seems with the new notification settings "You make changes to the issue" is no longer available. Mentioning myself was an incredibly useful feature. 

Edit: Seems like this works now. 

Sue Johnson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 4, 2024

I agree. Our team used it as well. Bummed it doesn't work / isn't available now. 

kyle.mascarenhas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 5, 2024

It looks like self tagging works again, at least for me. Hopefully works for you as well!

Suggest an answer