Tagging people with names starting with S

veera praneeth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2016

Hi,

I have trouble tagging people with names starting with S in the comment window of the Create Issue Screen. Also I am using '@' in the starting. This does occur often but not continuous and gets frustrating. Also the company's JIRA Cloud Instance has many projects and groups starting with letter S and also my group has around 200 members in it. Does this effect the performance in anyway ?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2016

Are you just typing S and not adding more letters to it? It maybe having a hard time loading all the users with "S" (consumes too much memory)

veera praneeth
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 4, 2016

Not just 'S' anyways. Consider a user named Sam,  if I type "@Sa " that should show a drop down box with the similar entries right ? It doesn't. It works perfectly sometimes but not all the time. As you have mentioned, it takes lot of memory to search through the entries, is there any workaround to make this feature work at any given time ?

Thanks.

Suggest an answer