TFS Devops V Jira Structure

karlhendricks
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 10, 2019

HELP!  I'm new to Jira after using TFS (Devops) for 3 years.

Looking at how i should structure my work properly in Jira,  after a few days of playing around i started to create my 1st project.
So my structure so far is Project > Epics (10+) > Stories (multiple per epic) > Sub tasks

So I've only got a few epics in and not many stories created and already noticed my Kanban board is going to be a pain to maintain.

Once i've created everything i'm going to have over 50 items in the backlog column, then i have to figure out which are related to which and move the appropriate ones to the next stage.  

Have i got my structure right?  what can i do to make this easier? 
I liked the fact in TFS you could expand each item to see the children underneath, this doesn't seem quite as straight forward. 

PS - I'm new to this company so don't really want to start downloading add-ons yet :)

1 answer

0 votes
karlhendricks
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 10, 2019

ok, switched to Next Gen.....liking this a bit better....but whaaaat?  where's the stories gone?  (sigh)

Suggest an answer